|A recent renovation of the 1871 classic Cape Dutch mansion has given it some funky, contemporary African style. Situated in Hout Bay - a fishing village turned trendy refuge from the city - the Manor's location encourages exploration of the area's many shops and restaurants, not to mention, the multitude of stunning attractions. The Manor's fine-dining restaurant, Pure, will blow your mind with its dreamlike lighting and fabulous culinary creations. |
Attractions / Things to do
|Stepped in history and natural beauty, Hout Bay has much to offer visitors with attractions ranging from its quaint, traditional fishing harbour and white sandy beach to a number of excellent shops and restaurant. Located on the western side of the Cape Peninsula, Hout Bay lies in a lush valley surrounded by dunes, mountains and shoreline. Part of the Cape Peninsula National Park, the picturesque village has the air of an unhurried natural paradise - despite being a mere stone's throw from the Cape Town city centre. It is also ideally positioned in relation to the rest of the Cape Peninsula, providing good access to areas such as the world-renowned Cape Winelands. |
|Services / Facilities|
|- 19 exclusive rooms|
- En-suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning or Heating
- DSTV Television
- Some rooms offer iPod Stations
- Heated outdoor Swimming Pool
- Laundry service
- Nanny service
- Conference Room up to 12 delegates
- Secretarial Service
- Massage treatments can be arranged
- Fine-dining restaurant PURE offers dinner Tuesdays to Saturdays and Sunday lunch
- Hotel bar and Lounge
|High Season - 1st November 2011 to 30th April 2012:|
From ZAR2100.00 to ZAR8900.00 per night
Low Season - 1st May 2011 to 31st October 2011:
From ZAR1260.00 to ZAR5340.00 per night.
|Directions from the Cape Town airport (30 minutes):f|
- Take the N2 to Cape Town.
- Follow the signs to M3 Muizenberg (Kirstenbosch).
- Once you are on the M3, follow it past the University of Cape Town.
- At the first traffic light, turn right into Rhodes Drive and follow the signs to Kirstenbosch and Hout Bay.
- Continue on Rhodes Drive past Kirstenbosch and up Constantia Nek while still following the signs to Hout Bay.
- At the bottom of Constantia Nek there is a traffic circle. Carry on straight into Main Road that will take you to Hout Bay.
- Once in the village you will pass a Shell Garage on your left.
Take the next left turn-off under the "Hout Bay Manor" archway. You will find the hotel 500 metres down the road on the left.