|Parkes Manor intrigues guests with its charm, tranquil surroundings and magnificent views over the Knysna Lagoon. Beautifully renovated, and set in a peaceful garden, the discerning traveller will discover this stylish country home reflecting the rich history of Knysna. Offering Parkes Health & Beauty Centre, Glenshiel at Parkes Restaurant, The Polo Bar and Parkes at the Quays (Self-catering apartment), Parkes at Franschhoek(Self-catering home) |
Attractions / Things to do
|Why visit our paradise, The Garden Route?|
Indulge in the Garden Route! The Garden Route evokes all your senses with breathless emotions. The spectacular environment encourages endless relaxation, adventure and amazement. The reality is the true beauty of our land and the proud nations encouraging it’s existence. Sharing the wonders of this country is a privilege.
2. Art Galleries
3. Bird watching
6. Blackwater Tubing
7. Brenton Blue Butterflies
8. Canoeing, kayaking – lakes, lagoons, sea and even with Dolphins.
10. Climate – Perfect in many respects, fresh winters.
11. Close to airports
12. Crafts – plentiful, truly original inspiration
13. Crocodile farms
14. Cycling – Mountain biking in the forest, an awesome experience
15. Deep sea fishing
16. Diving – Wreck and reef.
17. Eco safaris
18. Elephants – Walk with elephants through the Knysna Forests, a truly unique experience.
21. Fishing – Fly fishing, Deep sea fishing, River, Rock, Surf.
22. Game farms – malaria free
23. Game viewing
24. Garden of Eden
25. Golf – World Class Courses
26. Health and Beauty Therapies – A certain must. Spoiling & relaxation at it’s best.
27. Helicopter flips
28. Horse riding – in the forest and beach rides.
29. Hot air balloons
30. Mampoer Tours and distilleries – uniquely South African
31. Markets - crafts, food and curios.
32. Monkeys – Several different species. An extremely humorous & fascinating experience.
34. Museums – Angling, timber.
35. Natural features: Ocean, rivers, Salt water estuaries, Fresh water lakes, Mountains, Indigenous forests, Plantations, beaches, cliff faces.
36. Nature Reserves, National Parks
38. Oysters – Cultivated in the Knysna Lagoon and wild oysters picked of the coastline.
39. Paint ball
40. Paragliding – Landing on a beach makes it so much more fun.
41. Quad biking – Adrenaline rush in the forest.
42. Restaurants – Many to choose from, any cuisine imaginable.
43. Rich history
45. Sea horses – Protected and researched in the Knysna Estuary, one of the few places in the world where they could be found.
46. Shark Diving – visit the Great White Shark on his doorstep.
47. Shopping – African style
48. Sky diving
49. Snorkeling – See the seahorse in it’s natural environment.
50. Steam train – Authentic steam train rides along the coast with unsurpassed views.
53. Timber Route – A look in to the industry that has shaped Knysna
54. Township trails
55. Tree Top Tours – A bird’s eye view of an indigenous forest and an adrenaline rush 50m in the air.
56. Trout fishing – Deep in the Outeniqua Mountains
57. Walks in forest – A fairy tale come true, picnic baskets a must.
58. Water skiing
59. Waterfront – Up market shopping and restaurants, unbelievable sunsets.
60. Whale & Dolphin watching – A “goose bump” experience of a lifetime.
62. World’s highest bunji jump
63. The famous Knysna Heads –treacherous, angry. Yet majestic, beautiful, calming and unpredictable. Well that’s life in a nutshell.
Knysna, The Garden Route, South Africa we welcome you to our world of existence.
|Services / Facilities|
| The Polo Bar, Glenshiel at Parkes Restaurant, Parkes Health & beauty Centre, safe parking, large estate, Laundry, wedding venue, function venue, swimming pool, koi pond.|
Rooms:mini-bars, satelite television, telephones, under-floor heating, ceiling fans, en-suite bathrooms(shower & bath), comfortable beds, hairdryers, safes, spqacious rooms, tea & coffee, every room is decorated with in a unique character.
|R 490-00 to R1005-00 per night, per person sharing, including breakfast, tourism levy & VAT. |
|En route from Cape Town (N2). Turn left into Azalia Street off the N2 before you reach the first set of traffic lights. Parkes Manor is well indicated on the left hand side of the N2 . En route from Port Elizabeth. Travel through the town centre on the N2. Pass the last set of traffic lights. Turn right into Azalia Street. (Second street after the last set of traffic lights). Once again Parkes Manor is well indicated. |