|Summerwood is a private mansion dating from 1903, and has been completely restored to the very highest standards. The property has been awarded 5 stars by the SA Tourism Grading Council. All nine bedrooms are en-suite with both bath and separate shower, and are fully equipped with air-conditioners, direct dialing telephone, television, minisafe, hairdryer, ceiling fan, refrigerator and underfloor central heating for those chilly Cape winters!! Guests can enjoy the comforts of a very tranquil lounge and breakfast room overlooking the gardens. The guest house stands in its own beautifully maintained and secure grounds with a large swimming pool, and is personally managed by Ann and Christian Baret and our resident manageress. |
Attractions / Things to do
|Summerwood is situated on the outskirts of the historic University Town of Stellenbosch – a 2 minute drive or 10 minute walk from the town centre and university campus – within easy reach of all the excellent wine farms making up the “Stellenbosch Wine Route” and in close proximity to some of the finest restaurants in the country. A number of excellent golf courses are within a few minutes’ drive. We are only 25 minutes from Cape Town Airport, and 40 minutes from the centre of Cape Town itself – indeed the perfect spot for exploring the Western Cape. |
|Services / Facilities|
|Choice of 4 twin bedded or 5 King size double bedded rooms|
with separate bath and shower
Direct dialing telephone
Television with M-Net
Internet access and Wifi
Breakfast room & terrace
Beautiful garden with large swimming pool
Secure grounds with guest parking
|Please contact us for rates and specials. |
|DIRECTIONS TO SUMMERWOOD|
( from Cape Town or Airport )
1. From Cape Town or Cape Town International Airport, take the N2 Highway in the direction of Stellenbosch/Somerset West.
2. Continue on the N2 until EXIT 33 (BADEN POWELL DRIVE TURN-OFF) .Turn left towards Stellenbosch and continue on the R310 until the traffic light (T-junction).
At the traffic light turn right towards Stellenbosch.
3. After approximately 2.5 kms you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
4. At the next set of traffic lights turn right into Dorp Street. A Shell Garage and Volvo showroom is on the corner.
5. Continue up Dorp Street, through a set of traffic lights and at the first ‘Pancake’ (small, flat circle in the road), turn left into Meul Street (Mill Street). A Coffee shop called ‘The Mill Coffee shop’ is on the corner.
6. At the next traffic circle turn right into Plein Street. Continue along Plein Street into Van Riebeeck Street passing through 2 four way stops. Pass the University grounds on your left and the Stellenbosch College on your right.
7. At the fork in the road (a willow tree and telephone box stand in the fork) take the left fork into Jonkershoek Road.
8. SUMMERWOOD is 200 metres further on the right hand side – number 28. Just ring at the gates. You have arrived at a very special guest house!!
PLEASE NOTE: The street names in Stellenbosch will be found on the edge of the pavements – just to confuse the visitors!!!!